- 11⁄3 cups dry kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic clove, diced
- ½ cup-15.5 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1½ cups white or wild rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-15.5 ounce can tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
1.Soak beans and cook according to package directions.
2.In a large skillet, heat tomatoes, garlic, corn, and oregano, approximately 15 minutes.
3.Add beans, rice, Tabasco sauce, and black pepper.
4.Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes. Optional: Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Beans, Light Kidney Dry by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe