Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Minciuni delicioase
- 3 yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plain seltzer
- vanilla or rum to flavor
- flour as needed
- shortening for frying
- vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar
- Place the sifted flour in a pile on the pastry board.
- Make an indentation in the middle and place the eggs, sugar, sour cream, seltzer, vanilla and salt in it.
- Knead a rather stiff dough.
- Divide it into 2 parts and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Then roll into a very thin sheet.
- Cut it into 1½ inches wide strips.
- Each strip should be 4 inches long.
- Cut a notch in the middle of each strip and bring one of the ends through that notch (so that the strips look knotted).
- Do this for all strips.
- Fry in a pan with hot oil or lard or golden brown.
- Remove with the slotted spoon and sprinkle vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar over them.