Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This deli-quick sandwich, reminiscent of the popular Philly Steak sandwich, is both colorful and very flavorful.
- Prep: 15 minutes - Cook: 12 minutes - Broil: 2 minutes
- Makes 4 sandwiches
- ¼ cup Land o Lakes® butter
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 1 medium (1 cup) green and/or red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ pound sliced deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 4 hoagie or French rolls, split
- 8 (¾-ounce) slices Land o Lakes® deli American or provolone cheese, cut in half
- Heat broiler.
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add onions and pepper strips.
- Cook over medium heat until onion is softened (8 to 10 minutes).
- Add beef strips; continue cooking until heated through (4 to 6 minutes).
- Meanwhile, place split rolls onto ungreased baking sheet, cut-side up.
- Broil 2 to 5 inches from heat until light golden brown (1 to 2 minutes).
- For each sandwich, place 2 halves cheese on bottom half of bun.
- Spoon ¼ hot meat mixture over cheese.
- Top with 2 halves cheese and top half of bun.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Edit
Per 1 Sandwich: Calories 740, Fat 28 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 2140 mg, Carbohydrates 89 g, Dietary Fiber 6 g, Protein 33 g