Chicken tikka kabab
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) chicken breast, cut into 4 cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of black pepper
- juice of 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- Prepare the marinade by chopping the onion finely and squeeze out the juice by hand.
- Place the onion juice in a medium bowl, add the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, garam masala, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add the chicken cubes to the bowl and fold in.
- Cover and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Arrange chicken cubes on skewers, alternating with tomatoes, onions and green peppers.
- Place under a hot grill or over hot coal and cook for 10 – 15 minutes turning once or twice until chicken is cooked.