- 5 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1 baked graham cracker crust
- Make graham cracker crust according to box directions. Be sure to bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees F. Let cool. Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for pie topping. Grate 1 tablespoon lemon rind and sprinkle on crust. Let stand while filling is being made.
- For filling, beat egg whites very stiff, adding Sugar gradually. Mix in a separate bowl sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and food coloring. When this is mixed well, fold into stiffly beaten egg whites. Pour mixture into graham crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup graham crumbs. Keep refrigerated. This pie may also be frozen for future use.