Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 0.5 kg / 1 lb raw shrimp
- ¼ cup / 50 g peeled water chestnuts
- 2½ tablespoons glutinous rice powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (or sherry)
- cooking oil for deep frying
- Shell the shrimp, dry them well and marinate with salt for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Chop the shrimp into rice grain sized pieces.
- Finely chop the water chestnuts and mix them with the shrimp, egg, glutinous rice powder, rice wine and blend well.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer.
- Before it gets too hot, take a handful of the shrimp mixture and squeeze it through your fist between the thumb and forefinger to form a ball about the size of a walnut.
- Scoop it off with a wet spoon and dip it into the oil.
- You should be able to make about 20 balls.
- Fry for about 2 minutes.
- Stir to separate them and when they start to turn golden, scoop them out and drain.
- Serve with the tomato sauce, and salt and pepper mixed as a dip.