Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes about 8 servings as an appetizer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons Strub’s Full Sour Dill Pickle brine
- 4 cups drained Strub’s Full Sour Dill Pickles, sliced into ¼-inch thick medallions
- vegetable oil for frying
- Stir flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt into large bowl.
- Make a well in centre; add water, egg yolk and pickle juice, all at once.
- Stir with wire whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat at least 2 inches of oil in deep fryer or large saucepan to 375°F.
- In batches, dip pickle slices in the batter to coat evenly and lightly.
- Fry without crowding in hot oil until golden and crisp, 1½ to 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve at once.