- Lightly spray 9½-inch deep-dish pie plate with olive oil.
- Place flour, oats and salt in food processor, and pulse to mix.
- Add tofu, oil and rice syrup, and blend.
- With motor running, pour ice water through feed tube, and process until mixture comes together in ball.
- Turn onto lightly floured work surface.
- Sprinkle dough lightly with flour, and roll out to ⅛- to ¼-inch thickness.
- Press into prepared pan and trim edges, leaving a 1-inch overlap.
- Using thumb and forefinger, press decorative edge alongside, around top edge.
- Set dough aside in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Combine tomatoes and water in small bowl, and set aside.
- Combine soymilk and lemon juice in nonreactive bowl, and set aside.
- Heat oil and crushed red peppers in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, about 1 minute.
- Add garlic, shallots and scallions, and sauté 3 minutes.
- Reserving soaking liquid, add tomatoes, artichokes, capers and chopped basil to pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook mixture 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place tofu in food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Place miso in small bowl, add sherry and blend with fork until smooth.
- Add miso mixture, soymilk mixture and reserved soaking liquid to tofu, and process.
- Add potato flakes, yeast and ground turmeric, and process.
- Fold tofu mixture into artichokes, and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into pie shell, and sprinkle with dried basil.
- Place on middle rack in oven.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Serve lukewarm.