Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is high in sodium. Try to cut back on sodium where you can... like lower sodium/fats for the dressing and cheeses and meats. Take care, Gloria
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Midwest Living
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Bake: 25 to 30 minutes
- Makes 8 main-dish servings
- ½ cup bottled creamy garlic salad dressing
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 cups torn sorrel and/or spinach
- 2 cups cooked ham, chicken, turkey, beef, pork, or lamb, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 x 6-oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 x 2¼ oz can sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 x 17.3 oz pkg. (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1½ cups shredded fontina cheese, provolone cheese, or mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
- 1½ cups shredded muenster cheese or gruyère cheese (6 oz)
- 3 cups assorted fresh mushrooms (shiitake, chanterelle, oyster, ya porcini, brown, and/or white)
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, stir together salad dressing and cayenne pepper.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sorrel, desired meat, artichoke hearts, and olives.
- Toss lightly to mix.
- Cover; chill in the refrigerator while preparing crust.
- For a 14-inch round pizza, on a lightly floured surface place 1 sheet of pastry on top of the other sheet, staggering corners.
- Roll pastry from center to edge, forming a 14-inch circle (for a 15 x 10-inch rectangular pizza, place pastry sheets on top of each other without staggering the corners. Roll out pastry, forming a 15x10-inch rectangle).
- Wrap pastry around the rolling pin.
- Unroll pastry into a 14-inch deep-dish pizza pan (or a 15 x10 x1-inch baking pan).
- Prick bottom well with the tines of a fork.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown (pastry may shrink).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine fontina and muenster cheese.
- Sprinkle 1½ cups of the cheese mixture over the warm crust.
- Top with mushrooms.
- Return crust to the oven.
- Bake for 4 to 5 minutes more or until cheese begins to melt.
- Meanwhile, pour dressing over sorrel mixture and toss lightly to coat.
- Spread sorrel mixture over melted cheese on crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Return to oven.
- Bake for 4 to 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, immediately garnish with tomato slices.
- Cut into wedges or squares.
Nutritional information Edit
- 693 Calories | 50g Total Fat | 17g Saturated Fat | 64mg Cholesterol | 1243mg Sodium | 41g Carbs | 4g Fiber | 22g Protein | 20% Vitamin C | 30% Calcium | 21% Iron