Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 16 servings
- no stick cooking spray
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ cup Argo corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup Karo light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9x9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl with wire whisk or fork, stir together sugar and water 1 minute.
- Add egg whites and corn syrup; stir until blended.
- Gradually stir into dry ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- If desired, sprinkle with confectioners sugar.