Contributed by Dorie Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 1½ dozen.
- 2 (16 sq.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coarsely chop 8 squares (1 pkg.) of the chocolate, set aside.
- Microwave remaining 8 squares of chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on high 1 – 2 minutes.
- Stir in until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Stir in reserved chopped chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by ¼ cup fulls onto ungreased cookie sheet (yes, it's cup).
- Bake 12 – 13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch.
- Cool, 1 minute.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.