Rice cake in hot sauce
- 8 oz ddeokbokee ddeok (tube shape rice cake)
- 1-2 sheets fish cake, cut into bite size
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- ¼ cabbage, roughly chopped
- ¼ carrot - sliced,
- 1 spring onion - chopped
- 2 tbsp gochoojang (Korean fermented chili paste)
- 1 tbsp gochoogaroo (Korean red chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- Put rice cake in a pot, add water to cover, cook until soft.
- Add go choo jang, go choo ga roo, sugar, soy sauce, pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer until the sauce gets a little thick.
- Add vegetables, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Put cake in, simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Finish with green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve hot.