- In a large pot combine chopped onion, celery, garlic and mushrooms.
- Saute for about 4 minutes in just enough vegetable stock to keep them from sticking.
- Add the barley, soy sauce, seasonings, the rest of the vegetable broth and water.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
- 45 minutes before it"s done, add the chopped carrots.
- If it gets too thick, add additional water.
- Try to keep people from opening the lid :)
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.