Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Daube De Banane (Traditional Seychellois banana dessert)
- 1 vanilla pod, split (1 tbsp vanilla essence)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 600 ml coconut milk
- 6 cinnamon leaves or 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 large, ripe plantains
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel the plantains and sweet potatoes, cut in half and then half again lengthwise.
- Place the cinnamon leaves or sticks in the bottom of a pan.
- Place the sweet potatoes and the cut plantains on top (with the cut side uppermost) sprinkle the sugar, salt and nutmeg powder on top.
- Add the split vanilla pod / vanilla essence cover with the coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for a further 40 minutes.
- Arrange on a plate and serve.