Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- Makes 16 servings
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup dates, chopped
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups water
- Grease a 1-quart heat proof bowl or soufflé dish that fits inside your cooker.
- Mix flour, nuts, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Stir in dates.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, ⅔ cup water, mayonnaise, and vanilla.
- Add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared bowl.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Pour 3 cups water into pressure cooker and set rack or trivet in place.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Lower bowl into cooker using a foil sling.
- Lock lid and bring to full pressure.
- Adjust heat to maintain pressure and cook for 40 minutes.
- Release pressure naturally.
- Remove bowl and cool on wire rack.
- Remove bread from bowl.
- Refrigerate until chilled, then cut into thin slices.