Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- Makes 16 servings
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup dates, chopped
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups water
- Grease a 1-quart heat proof bowl or soufflé dish that fits inside your cooker.
- Mix flour, nuts, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Stir in dates.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, ⅔ cup water, mayonnaise, and vanilla.
- Add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared bowl.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Pour 3 cups water into pressure cooker and set rack or trivet in place.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Lower bowl into cooker using a foil sling.
- Lock lid and bring to full pressure.
- Adjust heat to maintain pressure and cook for 40 minutes.
- Release pressure naturally.
- Remove bowl and cool on wire rack.
- Remove bread from bowl.
- Refrigerate until chilled, then cut into thin slices.