- Mix margarine, flour and baking powder together and work until smooth.
- Mix Sugar and egg together, add to the flour and work to a smooth dough. Leave to rest for 2 hours.
- Put the dates with two tablespoons of water in a small pan and heat for a few minutes.
- Add zests and brandy and work the mixture with a fork. Open the pastry into long strips about 10 cm wide.
- Brush the edges with water. Put a little filling in the centre. Fold pastry.
- Press both edges to keep the filling in. Using a ravioli cutter cut into large diamond shaped slices about 40cms long.
- Cook in plenty of hot oil until golden brown.