Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Stahl Estate in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1988. Notation indicates this came from a 1954 newspaper clipping, but I don't have the source information
- 1-1/3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 beaten egg
- cream butter and add the dry ingredients.
- Pour boiling water over dates and let sit for five minutes.
- Add nuts, dates and water to dry mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in beaten egg.
- Pour into greased square pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Let cool and cover with topping.
- For Topping:
- Boil the brown sugar and sour cream together for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add the dates and boil for 5 minutes longer.
- Let cool and spread on cooled cake.