- 1 cup of Sugar
- 3/4 cup of butter (at room temperature)
- 2 Tablespoons of (prepared) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 1/4 cups of white flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of chopped, pitted dates
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (walnuts are great!)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and Sugar together until well mixed. Add the milk, vanilla and eggs. In a separate bowl, sift the flour with the baking soda and baking powder. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar-egg mixture. Lastly, stir in the chopped dates and nuts.
- Drop rounded teaspoons full of dough about 2 inches apart unto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven or until the cookies' edges are lightly browned. Cool the cookies on a wire rack. Enjoy!