Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
My favorite Christmas Cookie. My aunt used to make them for me at Christmas.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes about 4 dozen depending on the size of the balls
- 8 ounces of whole pitted dates, chopped (I use Aldi's chopped dates)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter or regular margarine
- 2½ cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cups nuts, finely chopped (I leave out, I don't like nuts)
- coconut to roll balls in
- Combine the chopped dates, sugar and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for one minute.
- Stir in the cereal and nuts.
- Cool mixture until able to shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the date balls in coconut.