Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Source: The Art of Cooking for the Diabetic by Mary Abbott Hess, R.D., M.S. and Katharine Middleton
- 2 cans (7 oz) tuna, packed in oil
- 1 cup cabbage, coarsely chopped
- ⅔ cup carrot, grated
- ½ cup low-fat yogurt
- 3 tbsp catsup
- 1½ tsp salt
- few grains freshly ground pepper
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- ½ head lettuce
- 18 slices thinly pared cucumber
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- Drain tuna, then flake lightly.
- Combine tuna, cabbage, and carrot; set aside.
- Combine yogurt, catsup, vinegar, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Add to tuna mixture and blend.
- Put 1 piece of toast on each plate; add several lettuce leaves.
- Add ⅔ cup of tuna mixture.
- Arrange 3 slices of cucumber across top.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.