Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler over hot not boiling water.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light.
- Add egg and melted chocolate; beat until fluffy.
- Stir in cake flour, vanilla and salt until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts and divide each part into two pieces.
- Roll each piece into a rope 12" long on a lightly floured board.
- The ropes should be about the thickness of a finger.
- Place 2" apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- With your finger tip, make an indentation along the length of each rope.
- Bake 8 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate chips in a small bowl over hot water.
- If you are using both kinds of chocolate, melt separately.
- Stir until smooth.
- Stir preserves and spoon them into a pastry bag fitted with a ¼" tip.
- You can use a plastic bag with a corner snipped off with scissors.
- When you remove the cookies from the oven, press preserves down the indentation in each cookie strip.
- Return to the oven for 2 minutes and remove to wire racks.
- While cookies are still warm, drizzle melted chocolate over the tops and cut into 1" diagonal pieces.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate has set.