Traditional liver pâté served on open-faced sandwiches with mushrooms, bacon and Danish cucumber pickles.
- Put the liver, anchovies, and onion through a meat chopper at least 3 times or use a food processor.
- The mixture should be quite fine in the texture.
- Mix in the flour, cream, eggs, salt, pepper and allspice.
- Spoon the mixture into a buttered loaf pan.
- Put it in a pan of water and bake in a 350°F oven for an hour.
- If the pate is browning too quickly place a piece of foil loosely over it.
- To serve, unmold the pate.
- Serve with fried mushrooms, bacon bits, and Danish white cucumber pickles and Danish rye bread.