Serve as an appetizer, use in Forloren Skilpadde or make it in a ring shaped mold and serve it with a sauce as your main course.
- Serves 4 – 8
- 1 lb fish fillet, skinned and minced finely (cod, sole, whitefish)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 5 tablespoons plain flour or 5 tablespoons potato flour
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 1½ pint light cream
- Mix seasoning with the minced fish and the flour.
- Beat the mixture very well and integrate the butter.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add the liquid.
- If the mixture curdles stand the bowl in hot water and whisk until it is smooth again. Check your seasoning.
- Shape the farce into round balls using 2 spoons dipped in hot water.
- Bring about 2 pints of salted water to a boil.
- Cook one ball to check the consistency. Add more egg if the ball is too soft, or cream if it is too stiff. If the ball is right cook all the balls, they only take a minute to cook and float when done.