Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cashion Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup butter
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter a tart pan with removable bottom or a square cake pan.
- Beat together ¾ cup butter and ¾ cup sugar in large bowl until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl then stir flour mixture into butter mixture to make a stuff batter.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Peel apples then halve lengthwise and core.
- Place each half flat-side down then cut each half cross-wise into thin slices but keep slices together in shape of the apple.
- Press apple halves one at a time flat side down into batter in pan spacing evenly.
- Leave 1 inch of batter exposed in center.
- Brush apples with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream for a dessert or serve as a coffee cake.