Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb. mixed greens, such as Dandelion, mustard and collard greens, trimmed and well rinsed
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 6 oz. shredded low-fat Cheddar Cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cajun seasoning to taste
1. Chop greens coarsely, and, with water still clinging to leaves, put in large pot. Steam over medium heat until wilted—a few minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and, when cool enough to handle, press greens to remove excess water.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add grits, and cook according to package directions. Stir in shredded Cheese, salt and pepper, and continue stirring until Cheese is melted throughout.
3. To serve, divide greens among 4 plates, and spoon grits mixture over top. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.