Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl, rub in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre, add the combined milk and water, mix lightly with a knife until dough leaves sides of bowl.
- Gently knead on a lightly floured surface and then shape into a round, put on a greased oven tray.
- Pat into a round 15 – 16 cm (6-6½ inch) diameter.
- With sharp knife, cut two slits across dough like a cross, approximately 1 cm (½ inch) deep.
- Brush top of dough with milk.
- Sift a little extra flour over dough.
- Bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to moderate and bake another 20 minutes.