Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fish stew. The best brodetto is made using assorted fish of various kinds, e.g. rockfish, dent fish, sea bass, dory, conger eel and tuna. Brodetto is best served with boiled maize-flour (corn meal), rice or spaghetti (pasta).
- 1 kg various fish (rockfish, sea bass, conger eel, tuna, etc.)
- ⅛ l olive oil (per kilo of fish)
- 1 onion
- several fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoonful tomato juice
- Cut the bigger fish into slices, leaving the smaller ones whole.
- Fry a chopped onion in oil, add fish and fry it a while, adding chopped garlic and parsley.
- Put in some salt and pepper and 1 tea spoonful of concentrate tomato juice and, depending on the season, some sliced fresh tomatoes.
- Cover the fish with water and let it boil before adding the vinegar.
- Cook for 1 – 1,5 hours, letting it simmer over a low fire.
- Do not stir - shake the casserole gently instead so that the ingredients should remain in layers in the same order they have been added.