- 1 cup masoor dal
- 3 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ tsp chili powder (optional)
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 3 tomatoes, cut into big pieces
- 6 tbsp chopped spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp. oil
- salt and lime juice to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions for a few seconds.
- Add the crushed garlic, chile and curry powders.
- Fry again for a few seconds.
- Add 6 teacups of water, the tomatoes and washed masoor dal and cook in a pressure cooker.
- When cooked, blend in a blender.
- Again boil the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Add salt.
- Just before serving, add the spinach and boil for a few seconds.
- Serve hot with a slice of lemon.