Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spinach and Lentil Soup
- ½ cup yellow split gram lentils
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sliced onions
- 1 tsp chopped green chilis
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- salt, to taste
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pot and add cumin seeds, green chilies and ginger. Sauté for a minute and add onions. Fry onions till start to brown a bit and then add tomatoes, turmeric powder and chili powder.
- Cook for 2–3 minutes till tomatoes become tender, and then add Lentils, spinach and water. Let boil for 20–25 minutes on medium-low heat till Lentils are tender.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com