- 8 small barley rusks (kritharokouloures)
- 1 shot ouzo
- 250 g xinomyzithra cheese
- 1 big, ripe tomato
- 1 shot olive oil
- freshly-ground pepper
- Wash and grate the tomatoes into a mixing bowl,.
- Add salt and pepper, olive oil, oregano and a few drops of ouzo.
- Mix well and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Grate the cheese.
- Wet the barley rusks quickly in cold water, without soaking them.
- Sprinkle with ouzo, add the tomato mixture, cover with grated xinomyzithra cheese, sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil and serve.