Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ½ lb split peas 225 g
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 plugs garlic (crushed)
- 2 tsp cominos 10 ml
- 1 tbsp yellow ginger 15 ml
- ½ tsp black pepper 2 ml
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder 10 ml
- 2 oz shortening
- 1 tsp salt (level) 5 ml
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup oil for frying
- flour tortillas
- Put split peas in water (approx 2 cups).
- Boil until just cooked, not tender.
- Drain off water (use colander or sifter).
- Grind beans with onion and garlic.
- Add cominos.
- Prepare tortillas.
- Sift flour, add shortening, baking powder and salt.
- Add ¼ cup water.
- Make into a dough, firm enough to knead.
- Make into 3" balls (round).
- Put balls in palm of hand.
- Make hole in tortillas and fill with thick split peas.
- Close up hole so that peas will not spill when rolled. Seal ends.
- Let rest for 15–30 minutes.
- Flour table lightly.
- Roll dough with a rolling pin or clean pint bottle.
- Fry in hot fat or bake like tortillas.