Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken in a yoghurt gravy
- 1 kg chicken cut into medium-sized pieces
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 – 3 sliced green chilies
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt, to taste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds starts to sizzle, add ginger, garlic and green chilies and fry for a few seconds till fragrant.
- Add onions and cook till they turn slightly brown. Add chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder, and fry for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes start to soften and form the gravy base. Add yoghurt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and salt and cover cook for about 15 – 20 minutes on medium heat till chicken is tender.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and sprinkle garam masala as garnish.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food. Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com