Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These came with his mother when she immigrated here from the Czech Republic. They are the best I've ever had, definitely worth the time! I hope you all like them as much as I do!
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 package yeast
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 cups sifted flour
- Filling: Mix together with electric mixer until well combined and fill into centers of kolacky dough.
- **For the Kolacky dough**.
- Combine milk, shortening, Sugar, salt and lemon rind.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Soften yeast in this mixture.
- Add eggs and flour.
- Beat well.
- Cover with damp cloth.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 2 hours.
- Beat and let rise again until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead slightly, cover and let rise 10 minutes.
- Roll to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut into 5-inch rounds.
- Place on a greased baking sheet, cover and let rise until almost double.
- Make deep depression in the center of rounds, fill centers and bake in preheated 400-degree oven for 15 minutes.