- Ethnicity - Bengali, East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Small Prawn - 600 gms
- Onion Paste - 80 gms
- milk - 120 ml
- coconut milk - 80 ml
- cummin Paste - 2 tsp
- Green chilli Paste - 2 tsp
- ginger Paste - 1 tbsp
- poppy seed Paste - 2 tsp
- cashew Paste - 2 tsp
- lemon juice - 1 lemon
- salt - to taste
- oil - 100 gms
- Fresh coriander leaves - 15 gms
- Whole Green coconut - 4 nos
- Completely shell and de-vein the prawns, wash in cold water.
- Rub with lemon juice and salt and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Taken oil in a handi and add Onion paste. Bhunno (simmer) till oil leaves the sides. Add ginger paste. Stir.
- Add poppy and cashew paste and fry till it smells of roasted nut. Add cummin and green chilli paste.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add milk and coconut milk. Simmer for about 15 minutes till gravy is set.
- Add the prawns and simmer till cooked.
- Add the water of green tender coconut. Cook till reduced to pouring consistency. Add salt to taste.
- Cut the top end of the green coconut and preserve the shell of the head for covering.
- Pour the curry into the shell and cook for 20 minutes on a water bath, immersing the stuffed green coconuts till half level.
- Serve hot in the shell garnished with fresh coriander leaves.