- 2 pounds lean Pork
- Medium head of cabbage
- 3 onions, finely cut
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean cabbage of outer leaves, root and thick stems. Cut into thick strips, soak in salted water for a while and drain. Wash meat and cut into portions, salt and pepper and drain.
- Heat butter in a saucepan and put in meat and onions to sauté.
- Dilute tomato paste in a little water and put in pan.
- Add water to cover meat and simmer. Just before meat is done, put cabbage in pan with a little salt, putting meat to one side of same pan.
- Add more water if needed to cover food and complete cooking making sure food is left in only its own juices without excess liquid.