Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Bautura sanatoasa (Cvas)
- 12 qts / 12 l water
- 2 lbs / 1 kg rye bread
- 1 oz / 25 g yeast
- 1 lb / 500 g sugar
- 12 raisins
- 12 rice grains
- peel from half a lemon
- Dry the thinly sliced bread in the oven.
- Boil the water, add the sugar and pour on top of the dried bread that was placed on the bottom of a 15 qt glass jar.
- Add the lemon peel, cover with a napkin and let stand for 4 – 5 hours.
- Strain through a dense sieve, add the yeast dissolved in a little water, mix, cover with a napkin and let stand another 4 – 5 hours until the drink starts to foam.
- Strain a second time and pour in bottles.
- Leave two inches empty at the top.
- To each bottle add a raisin and a rice grain.
- Cap with a boiled cork and tie it with a string.
- Do this for all bottles.
- Keep the bottles horizontal in a cool place.
- In 2 – 3 days, the cvas is ready.
- Do not stir the bottle before uncorking.