- 1½-2 pounds squid, with tentacles, or cuttlefish, cleaned
- ⅔ cup olive oil, extra-virgin
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, or more to taste
- 1 onion, small, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped fresh Italian
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tomato, fresh, ripe, medium, seeded and diced
- Rinse the cuttlefish under cold running water, then rinse and blot dry with paper towels.
- Place in a nonreactive baking dish and set aside while you prepare the marinade.
- Combine the oil, 3 tablespoons vinegar, the onion, parsley, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper in a nonreactive bowl and whisk to mix.
- Taste for seasoning, adding salt or vinegar as necessary; the mixture should be highly seasoned.
- Pour half the mixture over the cuttlefish in the dish, then cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the remaining mixture to an attractive bowl and stir in the tomato.
- Set this sauce aside.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- If using an or vegetable grate, preheat it for 5 minutes before you’re ready to cook, then oil.
- Otherwise, when ready to cook, oil the grill grate.
- Remove the cuttlefish from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Arrange on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until nicely charred and just firm, 2 to 3 minutes per side (4 to 6 minutes in all).
- Brush the cuttlefish once or twice with the remaining marinade as it cooks.
- Transfer the cuttlefish to serving plates or a platter.
- Serve immediately, accompanied by the reserved sauce.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.