Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sri Lankan deep-fried meatballs
- 225 g beef
- 25 g salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 25 ml vinegar
- 450 g potato
- 1 onion
- 3 mint leaf sprigs
- 1 green chile
- 1 celery stalk
- 1¼ lt oil
- 1 egg
- 50 gm bread crumbs
- Mince the beef and season with salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Boil and mash the potato and chop the onion, mint leaves, chile and celery.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the beef and cook for 3 –4 minutes until browned.
- Add the onion, mint leaves, chile and celery and cook until the onion has softened slightly.
- Add the mashed potato and mix well together.
- Roll into small balls or flat cakes.
- Beat the eggs and coat the cutlis with the egg before dipping into the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the cutlis until browned.
- Drain well.