Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 cups (750ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) salt
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable shortening
- 4 to 6 tablespoons (60 to 90ml) hot tap water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
- Combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) of salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Mix in enough water to form a dough ball. Cut in half.
- Roll out each half on lightly floured surface until 1/8 inch (0.5 cm) thick.
- Cut 12 circles from each half 3 inches (8 cm) in diameter.
- Fit pastry circles into greased muffin cups, pressing sides so they reach rims.
- Beat eggs. Stir in Sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) salt.
- Gradually blend in milk. Spoon about 2 tablespoons (30ml) egg mixture into each pastry.
- Bake in preheated 350F (180C) oven until knife inserted in center of custards comes out clean. 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove tarts from pan. Cool on wire racks.