Surprise your taste buds with this flavorful dish — esta terrifica! Try this dish with Pupusas Revueltas.
Keep the Beat: Heart Healthy Recipes by the National Heart, Blood and Lung Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ tsp dried red pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- Blanch cabbage with boiling water for 1 minute.
- Discard water.
- Place cabbage in large bowl and add grated carrots, sliced onion, red pepper, oregano, olive oil, salt, brown sugar, vinegar, and water.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.