Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Surprise your taste buds with this flavorful dish — esta terrifica! Try this dish with Pupusas Revueltas.
Keep the Beat: Heart Healthy Recipes by the National Heart, Blood and Lung Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ tsp dried red pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- Blanch cabbage with boiling water for 1 minute.
- Discard water.
- Place cabbage in large bowl and add grated carrots, sliced onion, red pepper, oregano, olive oil, salt, brown sugar, vinegar, and water.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.