Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cooked bananas give an interesting taste to any meat stew and are particularly good with the delicate flavor of veal. Treat them like a vegetable. Make certain that they are on the green side or they will fall apart in the cooking.
- Yield : 8 portions
- 1 cup onions
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 2 oz margarine or butter
- 2 lbs veal (from shoulder)
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 4 bananas
- white rice
- braised cabbage
- In a 4-quart saucepan: sauté 1 cup onions, finely chopped, 1 tbs.
- curry powder, 1 tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper and ¼ tsp ginger in 2 oz margarine or butter until light brown.
- Add 2 lbs veal (from shoulder) cut in 1-inch cubes.
- Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 lb tomatoes, cut in 1-inch wedges and 1 cup water.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add 4 bananas, peeled and cut in 2-inch lengths.
- Simmer for 15 minutes longer or until meat is done.
- Correct the seasoning.
- Pour into a 2-quart bowl.
- Serve with a bowl of cooked white rice and a bowl of braised cabbage.