Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- 2½ to 3 pounds goat meat, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallion stalks, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 pimiento seeds
- 1 scotch bonnet
- 1 small white potato, cubed
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- Wash meat with water and vinegar.
- Place meat in a bowl and season with curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, scallions, thyme, onion, pimento seeds and pepper.
- Let marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Add seasoned meat to a pressure cooker, and cover with water.
- Place lid on the cooker and cook over medium heat until you hear a steam hissing sound.
- Cook for 30 minutes (or cover with 2 cups of water and cook in a Dutch oven for 1 hour).
- Halfway through cooking process turn pressure cooker off and let rest for about 5 minutes to reduce steam pressure.
- Remove lid and add potatoes and carrots.
- Simmer, uncovered for 10 more minutes or until the gravy thickens and the vegetables are cooked.
- The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the food network's kitchens.
- Therefore, the food network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.