Curry Chicken Salad from the Public Domain Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 6
- 4 skinless, boneless, cooked chicken breast halves, chopped
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper (any color), seeded and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ cup red, seedless grapes, halved
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 x 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, curry, and pepper.
- Add celery, bell pepper, apple, grapes, almonds and water chestnuts and mix until well-coated.