Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves 6 to 8.
- Source source
- 4 cups frozen vegetable mix, peas, carrots
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss frozen vegetables with canola oil and spread evenly onto a sheet pan. Place into oven and cook until golden brown.
- In a saute pan heat 1 tablespoon of butter and sweat the onion and celery.
- In another saucepan, heat the broth and milk. Add 2 more tablespoons of butter to the celery mix and cook out the water.
- Add the flour and curry and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the hot milk mixture and cook until thickened. Add the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss the browned vegetables and the chicken.
- Pour into a shallow baking pan, or a large terra cotta pot base, lined with foil, and top with 6 to 8 circles of puff pastry.
- Place into the oven and cook until puff pastry has browned and the mixture is hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.