Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup canned white beans (Cannellini or navy beans), drained
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan then add carrots and cook for about 7–8 minutes or until tender. Drain then set aside.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, curry and cumin and cook until onion is tender (about 4–5 minutes.)
- Place carrots and onion mixture in a food processor or blender then add beans and salt (if using.) Blend until smooth or to desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl, garnish with cilantro and serve with your favorite crackers or bread slices.
- Serving Suggestion
- Spread on toasted French bread rounds or any chips and crackers or use as a dip for fresh vegetable sticks.
- Curry, Carrot and Black Bean Spread from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain