- 1 cup dried yellow split Peas, well rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. curry powder or to taste
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1/2 head Cauliflower, trimmed to florets
- 1 to 11/2 cups vegetable stock, or as needed
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbs. shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- salt to taste
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in turmeric, curry powder and Onion, and sauté, 2 to 3 minutes. Add Cauliflower florets and 1 cup vegetable stock, and continue cooking and stirring for 7 to 10 minutes more.
3. Add split Peas, remaining oil and any remaining cooking water to skillet, stirring to combine well. Reduce heat to medium- low and add green peas, red pepper and more stock, if needed. Continue to cook until split Peas are soft, about 5 minutes more. Stir in coconut, Raisins and salt to taste. Serve hot.