- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp margarine
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 – 3 tsp curry powder, to taste
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cup diced cooked turkey
- cooked brown rice
- Sauté the apple and onion in the margarine until the onion is tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and curry powder.
- Slowly add the milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in the turkey.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until hot and bubbly.
- Serve on the rice.
Quantity of rice is not stated. Assume it is not included in the nutritional values).
Nutritional information Edit
Per ¼ recipe:
- 353 calories | 32 g carbohydrate | 26 g protein | 13 g fat | 306 mg sodium | 408 mg potassium | 56 mg cholesterol
- Exchanges: 3 lean meat | 2 bread | 1 fat