Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb. pumpkin vine tips, washed, peeled, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 3 dried red chilies
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole timur (szchawan pepper)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter
- salt to taste
- 1 cup Chicken or vegetable broth
- In a non-stick pan heat three tablespoons of clarified butter. Splitter fenugreek seeds, whole timur, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds until they turn dark. Fry dried red chilies for 15 sec. till it turns dark. Add garlic, ginger, ground pepper, cumin, and turmeric; fry for a minute or so on low heat. Add pumpkin vine tips to the spice-mixture, and stir-fry for about two minutes. salt it. To the stir-fry mixture, add broth, and let simmer until the vine tips are tender and the excess liquid has evaporated off. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with rice.