Makes 6 servings.
- 1 clove garlic, split
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined raw Shrimp
- 2 teaspoons Onion juice
- 6 small bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook garlic slowly in butter in large skillet over low heat until brown; remove garlic. #Stir in flour, curry, salt, pepper and ginger.
- Add chicken broth and cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened and smooth.
- Add Shrimp and Onion juice.
- Cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, or until Shrimp are tender.
- Stir in bananas, (reserve a few banana slices for garnish), cream and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle bananas with paprika.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until bananas are thoroughly heated.
- Serve over hot rice. Garnish with reserved banana slices.