Makes 6 servings
- 1 medium onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/3 cup seedless raisins
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (cooked with 1/2 teaspoon curry powder)
- Chopped tomato (optional)
- Chopped onion (optional)
- Chutney (optional)
- Cut Onion in half. Finely chop one half and slice remaining half.
- Combine chopped Onion with Beef, salt, pepper, egg, catsup and vinegar; mix well.
- Shape into 18 small meat balls.
- Brown in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced Onion; cook until tender crisp.
- Stir Raisins, curry powder, cinnamon and water into skillet.
- Cover and simmer until meat is cooked, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove meat balls; keep warm.
- Combine flour with 1/4 cup water. Add to skillet and cook, stirring, until mixture is thickened.
- Serve over hot curried rice. Serve with chopped tomato, onions, and chutney, if desired.